cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rukhan_Zakaria
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone…

I have two tables, the KPI table and the Months table. Each row in the KPI table has a month that is in the Months table.

I want every time there is a change in the status column to ‘A’ in the month table, the month column in the KPI table also changes.

I have tried to use automation, step 1 ‘when a record is updated’ then step 2 ‘find record’ on KPI table which is stsrec is N and ‘Update records’ KPI table based on automation step 1 but the result failed.

Any suggestions on how to create an automation to change multiple rows based on a single row change?

Thank you for the response

Pic Table KPI

airtable1

Pic Table Months

airtable 2

Pic Automation

airtable 3

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Rukhan_Zakaria ,

Welcome to Airtable Community!

The short answer is you cannot use the automation to trigger changes to different records (rows) unless you use a script (which is very simple).

If you dont want to use a script, there are numerous other options.

1. Use a Last Modified field in the Months table and LookUp in the KPI table so when the record is updated it triggers the automation from the KPI table not the Months table (i.e. every record will use an automation)

2. Why dont you just use the LookUp field itself? Im not sure what you are trying to achieve but it looks like it can be very helpful as well

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Rukhan_Zakaria ,

Welcome to Airtable Community!

The short answer is you cannot use the automation to trigger changes to different records (rows) unless you use a script (which is very simple).

If you dont want to use a script, there are numerous other options.

1. Use a Last Modified field in the Months table and LookUp in the KPI table so when the record is updated it triggers the automation from the KPI table not the Months table (i.e. every record will use an automation)

2. Why dont you just use the LookUp field itself? Im not sure what you are trying to achieve but it looks like it can be very helpful as well

Rukhan_Zakaria
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for your answer @Mohamed_Swellam :grinning: . I really appreciate the solution provided. It opens up some ideas that haven’t been thought of before.

I will try some other ways as suggested. I still have a lot to learn about airtable script.