Help

Re: How to create Event ID for Outlook: Update Event automation?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1881 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aysia_Saylor
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I keep getting the “Microsoft reported an error while processing this action:
Id is malformed” error. I tried creating an autonumber field called “Event ID” that I reference in the Event ID automation field. Is this an ID I have to manually enter from a source? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You have to use the Event ID that Outlook gives you after you create or update an event via Airtable’s Automations.

You can also get the Event ID by using Airtable Sync to sync Outlook calendar events to Airtable.

Then, in future automations, you would refer to that Event ID.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You have to use the Event ID that Outlook gives you after you create or update an event via Airtable’s Automations.

You can also get the Event ID by using Airtable Sync to sync Outlook calendar events to Airtable.

Then, in future automations, you would refer to that Event ID.

Aysia_Saylor
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I created a calendar table that syncs with mine and was able to get the event ID, thank you!
Is there an automated way we could use to look up the event ID from another table? I can submit a separate forum if need be. I was thinking about linking the record with its calendar record and then having a lookup field return its event ID, but wasn’t sure if there was a way to automate it or streamline it.

Yes, you can automate that. You would need to craft your own custom logic to handle whatever scenario works best for your business.

Not sure if your company has a budget to work with an Airtable consultant or not, but if you’d like to hire an expert Airtable & automation consultant to help you build any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld