Help

Re: How to create two stages with different tables in automation?

Solved
Jump to Solution
2376 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zerem
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey friends
I have one table that contains all the names of the people who paid money and one table of cold leads.
I want to automate that when a new record is created in the payer's table, a V will be marked with that user based on their email in the cold leads table 1.

I created an automation that looks for the email of the person who pays in table 1, but I can't find an option to "update records" for that email in table 1 because I can't find his record ID.

I would love to understand what I am doing wrong.

Thank you!

zerem_0-1672035741007.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

If yes, then you know how to search in table 1. Just find the required Record_ID in found records. This would look similar to that in picture

Andrey_Kovalev_0-1672212892823.png

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@zerem As far as I understand you can only update one record at a time without having to write an automation script. So in your case I would:

• ensure that your cold leads records have only one entry of each potential payer
  • set a condition of found records length equal to 1 to ensure that the record is found
  • select as an action Airtable record ID under found records

Hope this helps.

Hi @Andrey_Kovalev , thanks for the reply
I'm not sure we understood each other 🙂
I want basically everyone who registers in table 2 to update a certain column in table 1 as well, so I create the automation.
But I can't seem to figure out how I can update table1 based on what happens in table2.

Let's do it step by step. Does your current automation find the required record in table 1?

Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

By the way, you can add a formula field in each of your tables with the Record_ID() function for debugging purposes. Then it will be easier to identify needed record when constructing your automation.  

yes it is

that's sounds good

Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

If yes, then you know how to search in table 1. Just find the required Record_ID in found records. This would look similar to that in picture

Andrey_Kovalev_0-1672212892823.png

@Andrey_Kovalev yesss thank you !!