Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

How to send Mass Emails to my users using airtable?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1114 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DivasrajVimal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I am new here. 

I have some columns like name, email, job title. I have 3000 rows of these data. I want to send personalized emails to all of these 3k users with their name and job title. How can i do it? Is there any automation or extension available which can help me with sending these email automatically?

Thanks for help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can check out the SendGrid extension or the MailerSend extension to see if either of those do what you want!

Otherwise, for anything more advanced, you would need to choose a mass email mailing service that you like (which could be SendGrid or MailerSend), and then you can automate the entire process with Make's advanced automations & integrations.

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread. For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can check out the SendGrid extension or the MailerSend extension to see if either of those do what you want!

Otherwise, for anything more advanced, you would need to choose a mass email mailing service that you like (which could be SendGrid or MailerSend), and then you can automate the entire process with Make's advanced automations & integrations.

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread. For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

Yeah, you can do this with Airtable automations!  Here's Airtable's guide: https://support.airtable.com/docs/send-an-email-action

If you don't want to have Airtable's branding on it, you can also send emails via Gmail / Outlook with automations too

Try creating a checkbox field and making the automation trigger off of that

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@TheTimeSavingCo 

No, you are incorrect. He can’t use either of the options that you listed above.

Airtable’s “send email” automation has a limit of 1,000 unique email addresses per day unless he is on the enterprise plan. (And even then, only 1000 emails can be sent per automation run.)

Similarly, Gmail has a limit of 500 emails per day for free plans and 2,000 emails per day for paid plans.

The only way to accomplish this is to use a dedicated email sending service, as I previously mentioned above.

That's true!  If it was really urgent and we need to send all 3000 emails out in a single day then we would definitely need to use an external app like you said

If it wasn't urgent and we could spread out the emails over a couple of days we could keep it all within Airtable and avoid adding more third party apps and potential subscription fees!

For example, SendGrid's free plan only allows 100 emails per day, and we'd have to pay for a subscription to send out 3000!

MailerSend's free tier has 3000 emails per month, so that'd work here!  Their API only allows 500 emails per bulk email request though, so I reckon we'd just have to click on the "Send email" button a couple of times in the extension or something?

DivasrajVimal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you everyone for your help.