Help

How to use IF formula to auto check boxes?

Topic Labels: Automations Formulas
646 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsindelar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If "approved" is chosen manually in the status column, I'd like the "Approved" check box to be automatically checked. If "Contract Signed" is manually chosen, I'd like the "Contract Signed" box to be automatically checked, and so on and so forth. 

I know I can use the "IF" function, but I'm not familiar with code and not 100% sure how to make it work for this use case.

Additionally, would it be possible to make this happen in reverse as well? So if the "Approved" check box is clicked, "Approved" will show up in the "Status" column? 

Thanks,

hsindelar_0-1676498176464.png

2 Replies 2

You'll need to use an automation for this.  The trigger would be "When record is updated", focused on the "Status" field, and you'd use conditional actions to check whether the "Approved" option was added to that select field.  You'd then add an "Update record" action to check the "Approved" field

You could then add more conditional actions for each checkbox

I recommend you check out the automation documentation for a guide

> Additionally, would it be possible to make this happen in reverse as well? So if the "Approved" check box is clicked, "Approved" will show up in the "Status" column?
Yeap, same logic as above

Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,

You can also change your checkbox fields to formula fields with

Alexey_Gusev_1-1676555336428.png

or just 

Alexey_Gusev_2-1676555419964.png

Alexey_Gusev_0-1676555257835.png

So you don't need automation.

Use Windows + ' . ' to choose emojis

Of course, they will not be able to be changed manually. But in the terms of data consistency, single source of truth is better.