cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Callum_Green
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I am trying to construct a daily email to summarise data. I have all the data I need, but I cannot get the email to structure correctly.

I have used HTML to make a table for the data, but when the email sends the formatting is awful.

I’m looking for a way to get the table to display correctly, does anyone have any ideas? Ideally I want the table to sit in the white space with the other text

I have attached a copy images to show the issue and what the raw form looks like

Raw
Screenshot 2022-08-03 130534

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hey Callum, if I were you I’d rather set up a brand new table with one record per day and use Airtable’s in-built grid function:
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 8.42.18 PM

And you’d end up with something like this:
Table:
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 8.41.28 PM

Email:
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 8.41.17 PM

Setting up HTML properly in an email is going to be a pretty big undertaking; you’re going to have to think about how it looks on various screen sizes, how different email clients handle it, etc, and so it’s really much easier to offload that work to a service that already handles it

Best of luck either way man, and hopefully someone else is able to offer you some advice about the HTML stuff

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hey Callum, if I were you I’d rather set up a brand new table with one record per day and use Airtable’s in-built grid function:
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 8.42.18 PM

And you’d end up with something like this:
Table:
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 8.41.28 PM

Email:
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 8.41.17 PM

Setting up HTML properly in an email is going to be a pretty big undertaking; you’re going to have to think about how it looks on various screen sizes, how different email clients handle it, etc, and so it’s really much easier to offload that work to a service that already handles it

Best of luck either way man, and hopefully someone else is able to offer you some advice about the HTML stuff

@Callum_Green

Adam’s approach is probably the only way to do this if you’d like to use Airtable’s native automations to do this (i.e. Airtable’s “send email” automation action or Airtable’s “Gmail - send mail” automation action).

Unfortunately, Airtable does not support all HTML/markdown tags, and it doesn’t even properly format the HTML/markdown tags that it DOES support.

In fact, even normal plain text is not formatted properly by Airtable — you’ll notice that Airtable will replace all line breaks with paragraph breaks.

All of these email problems exist because Airtable is trying to inject its own invisible HTML code into your email that you can’t see nor remove. It’s frustrating for many of us, but Airtable has told me that they have no plans on changing this.

If you’d like to use your own HTML code for sending your automated emails, I would highly recommend automating the sending of your emails by using Make.com, which properly respects all HTML code and all markdown code. It doesn’t try to inject any of its own code which would mess up your own code.