670 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Madar1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When a rcord is updated, I need to duplicate a field within that record and then edit that fields values. Here is a video with a quick overview. Please let me know if you can do it and how much. If you have any feedback or suggestions for other approach let me know.

2 Replies 2

Hi @Steve_Madar1,
Does this need to be a script? I think you can do this with an automation very simply.

Create a new automation
Trigger: When a record matches a condition, Status is Canceled
Action: Create a record, Table: Line Details, Add the fields you want to update with the data you want to insert. One of the fields is the linked record back to the Customer Order table, put the Record_ID from the trigger in there to link them.

Wow, this was very helpful, THANK YOU :slightly_smiling_face:
One issue I have is that occasionally, in line details, there can be two “line #'s” and this automation Combines both of them into one. Is there a way to either

• duplicate each record in “line detail” under that customer/record and edit the duplicates, or
  • prevent whats happening?

Looking at this table more closely, some things need to be cleaned up, if your a pro at this, maybe we can do a consult and you can help me clean this up, I will pay for yoru time

https://www.loom.com/share/29e4deae32be447a8471335c0d4ad427