Help

Re: If Automation is triggered with multiple actions at once will all automation be executed?

580 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marija_Petrovic
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!
I have a case where assessment answers are written into a table as one record. Depeneding on those answers specific answer is provided in another field for the same record. That answer is a result of automation.
In some cases those answers were not provided and the automation was not run.
So, I am wandering is there any performance issue meaning that if, let’s say 100 people start assessment at the same time, will automation be able to run 100 times and update all 100 records? Here, one automation should be run 100 times, each time a new record is created.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Use the “when record created” action and the automation will run for each record that is created. That same automation will not run again for the same record. Later actions in the same automation run will not have access to values set previously in the same automation run unless you explicitly do a fresh read of the data or otherwise get it from a scripting action.

Let me dive more deeply into the issue.
We have assessment questions 1, 2, 3, 4…etc. Users come and answer to these questions. Depending on the answer in question 1, 2 etc. there is a filed which needs to be updated for the record created.
I already use trigger “when record created” and for each user that starts the assessment new record is created. This part is fine. But there is a case where several users started the assessment at the same time, which means that answers were provided in approximately the same time, which further means that automation must be run for all those users/records created. In my example, automation is triggered for 5 users but not triggered for 3 users. Do you think the issue is in automation performance or something else?

I hope I managed to explain the use case properly.