Help

Increase the number of automations per base?

Topic Labels: Automations
1393 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recruiting_IPPC
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

Is there a way to increase the limit of automation per base or are we really limited to 25?

We’re currently working on a base that needs 10 tables and each table requires to have 5 automations (for email reminders). The first table (lets call it the General Phase) triggers the automation in other tables so I’m concerned that if we are really limited to 25 per base, I would have to create another base (Base 2) so I can complete the rest of the automation per table. This will conflict with the integration that we have for General Phase. There must only be 1 General Phase table.

I hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Recruiting_IPPC!

Yeah, it’s an odd limitation that they don’t really mention anywhere except on this support page. (Plus, if you exceed your 50,000 runs per month, your automations will stop running until the next month.)

You might be able to workaround the limit of 25 automations per base by writing your own custom JavaScript that handles all the different types of logic for you. So, for example, you might be able to reduce to just one or two automations — which each trigger their own more complex JavaScript that figures out exactly what needs to be accomplished.

Another possible way to workaround the limit of 25 automations per base is by making your General Phase base your “source base”, and then syncing any appropriate views from that base into another table which becomes your “destination base”. Then, in that destination base, you could add 25 automations there. Here is information on Airtable’s Sync:

Although, if you just want to avoid all of these hassles altogether, and you don’t want to write your own JavaScript code, then your only real option (and possibly your best option) would be to turn to a professional automation platform such as my personal favorite: Integromat.

Integromat is a low-code/no-code automation & integration platform, and it’s free for up to 1,000 operations per month. It has 100% full Airtable support, and it is also significantly more powerful & significantly less expensive than Zapier, which is its major competitor.

p.s. I am a professional Airtable consultant and an Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert consultant to help, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

Hi!

Thank you so much for your reply! We will try these options.

By the way, we are currently using Integromat in this project as well. That’s how we connect our Google sheets to the Airtable (And ClickUp). I really wish we can get our project over the line the soonest. Thank you again for your suggestions, and thanks for offering your service. That is duly noted. Keep safe! :slightly_smiling_face: