cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EllieBailey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I am looking for help with an interface button. It used to (before me), create a new task for the user to edit with data linked to the data in the interface. I cannot find how to do this at all. Please can you help. 

Thanks 🙂

5 Replies 5

Could you provide a screenshot of the element that's giving you issues as well as what your expected workflow would be?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Please see a screenshot attached. This button is on an interface. I would like this button to create a pop up screen where the user can create their own task, linked to the data on this interface. 

Thanks,

Ellie

Hmm interesting.  You could set up a formula field to create a prefilled form link that this button opens perhaps?  That way when the user clicks the button it'll open a new tab with a form that has data from this interface already keyed in, and they can fill in everything else

Hi,

It's not a form that the company is after. Attached is a screenshot that we get when creating a new task. It was this window that popped up.

The interface pulls data from our 'Charter Bookings' table. This table automatically pulls through boat names and event names from other tables. So within the interface, while looking as a specific 'Charter Booking' record, we want to be able to create a new task that links the booking, event and boat.

Thanks,

Ellie

Ah that's super interesting!  I didn't know that one could create new records and have them open in that view via an Interface button.  Apologies, I don't know how to recreate that and I hope someone else is able to assist you