Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Invalid Inputs when creating automation with "Find Record"

499 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrandonS23
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am working on creating a system to track training for my company and am running into an issue I can't figure out. I have built the database and would like my "Ring Central Training" table to be updated once a feedback form is submitted so that way, we have an automated way of checking off when employees have gone through training. The Ring Central Training table will ideally have all of the employee names there now as well as what teams they belong to. The issue I am having is that once I created the automation I have the error that there is invalid inputs. Ideally I would like the "Scheduled" option in the Ring Central table to get change to completed once the form is submitted as well as the Date of Training to change based on when the form is submitted. Below is all relevant screenshots regarding my issue.

Screenshot 2024-07-09 163246.pngScreenshot 2024-07-09 163204.pngScreenshot 2024-07-09 163230.pngScreenshot 2024-07-09 163804.pngScreenshot 2024-07-09 163301.pngScreenshot 2024-07-09 163314.png

3 Replies 3
Meagan_Nelson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi - you need to update the configuration for the Find Records action. The table should be Ring Central Training and you should find the records based on a condition. Click add condition and set the condition to be dynamic. The condition should be where the Employee Name field in the Ring Central Training table is equal to Employee Name field in the Feedback Responses table. I added a visual using your table and field names. Let me know if you have any questions

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 5.33.06 PM.png

Hi Meagan,

I followed your steps and it still comes up with an error. Here's a screenshot of what I did.Screenshot 2024-07-09 231746.png

This is because your "Find Records" step is finding more than one record. The update record step can only read one input at a time. You might need to configure the "Find Records" step a bit further and keep testing until you find the ONE record you want to update.

Here are some tips for finding your records. I'd make that "Employee Name" Dropdown list a link field that links directly to your "Ring Central Training" table. That way when a form is submitted, it's already directly connected to the correct employee record you want to update. Then you won't even need a "find records" step! You can tell the update step to update the record that has been linked.

Justin Ng
Programme Coordinator at Sistema Aotearoa
https://www.sistemaaotearoa.org.nz/