Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmm
5 - Automation Enthusiast

https://apostolicfaithchurch.box.com/s/otajygxrz336kdx9b7b5ns26amu29tmp

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is a way to dynamically insert a link into an html element as shown in the video.

html
<iframe src= "" allowfullscreen="" allowtransparency=""></iframe>

Source link: 

https://objectstorage.us-phoenix-1.oraclecloud.com/n/ax22fojcamx7/b/general-devotionals-audio/o/2021%2FMay%2F495%20A%20Cheerful%20Giver.mp3

Each is in its own AirTable field.

Thank you!
7 Replies 7

Does this need to be an automation?
Would a formula field work?

IF(
    {Audio Link},
    CONCATENATE(
        '<iframe ',
        'src= "' & {Devotional Audio Link} & '" ',
        'allowfullscreen="" ',
        'allowtransparency="" ',
        '></iframe>'
    )
)
Jesse_Glen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes - convert your “Audio Player” field to a Formula field, and use this as the formula:

'<iframe src="'&{Devotional Audio Link}&'" allowfullscreen="" allowtransparency=""></iframe>'

rmm

@Jesse_Glen

Wow. This is amazing. It worked.

One more step. Is there a way to take that field, Devotional Audio Player, and insert it in another, Devotional Body, as an html embed? Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 4.19.59 PM

This would be awesome!

Also, what if I had to embed two audio files? Or two players in the same cell? Do I use the concatenate formula above @kuovonne?

Thank you so much. This saved me so much time.

Yes, you can concatenate multiple fields together. There are two main ways of concatenating fields and text together: with the CONCATENATE function, and with the & operator. I recommend playing around with them until you feel comfortable with them. If you want to start a new line in your combined result, include the new-line character "\n" in your concatenation.

rmm

[quote=“kuovonne, post:2, topic:42456”] @Jesse_Glen

IF(
    {Audio Link},
    CONCATENATE(
        '<iframe ',
        'src= "' & {Devotional Audio Link} & '" ',
        'allowfullscreen="" ',
        'allowtransparency="" ',
        '></iframe>'
    )
)

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 6.51.05 PM

So I have 3 elements: h3 (Focus Verse) + Player 1 (Devotional Audio Player) + Player 2 (Bible Audio Player). First I need to wrap the focus verse in an h3 tag. I used this formula '<h3{Focus Verse}</h3>' but it didn’t give me the verse.

Note: The two players have to be in an html embed or they will not both play.

This is the formula I am trying to use: CONCATENATE({<h3>Focus Verse</h3>},{Devotional Audio Player},{Bible Audio Player})

CONCATENATE([<h3>{{Focus Verse},{Devotional Audio Player},{Bible Audio Player})

Thank you.

Try this

CONCATENATE('<h3>'&{Focus Verse}&'</h3>',{Devotional Audio Player},{Bible Audio Player})

rmm

@Jesse_Glen Thank you so much. We have had issues with the player and have finally found code that works without needing to embed it into an AirTable html. Yay!

Here is that code snippet:

<figure><div><audio controls src="https://objectstorage.us-phoenix-1.oraclecloud.com/n/ax22fojcamx7/b/audio-files/o/Daybreak%20for%20Students%2FUnit%201%3A%20Genesis%2C%20Exodus%2C%20Job%2FGenesis%2FGenesis%201-1--2-3.mp3"></div></figure>

Before adding the player to the body text, I need the blockquote and body text separated. Here’s the order now:

Audio Player
Audio Player
Blockquote
Body Text

I need it to be in this order:

Blockquote

<br>

<h5>DEVOTIONAL AUDIO</h5>

<br>

Audio Player

<br>

<h5>BIBLE AUDIO</h5>

<br>

Audio Player

<br>

Body Text

Is there a way to do this with one formula? Or do I need to divide the blockquote and body text first and then add the blockquote and players back in?

Thanks so much for your help!