cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanessa1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Airtable Community! 

I'm working on a special project for a content calendar within Airtable. There are 4 tables in play: 

The master calendar table and 2-4 tables to individually view the content being planned for each platform. The master calendar is serving as a master view of ALL communications going out, but the individual tables are being used to plan the specific content. I am working on an automation that will create a new record in the corresponding individual platform views from the master calendar. 

The problem I'm running into is that I would like that new record to be linked to the original record in the master calendar. So that if changes are made to the record while viewing the individual platforms, it will also change within the master calendar table. I hope this makes sense, been struggling for the past few hours. I've attached a screenshot of what the tables look like. 

4 Replies 4

You're going to need your automation to look like this:

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 11.08.05 AM.png

I've set it up here for you to check out

This is so helpful, will this then link all the information from the record? 

Vanessa1

I think the issue I'm running into is I need a condition to be met for the record to be created, so my trigger is when condition matches

> This is so helpful, will this then link all the information from the record? 

Sort of?  Since this links the two records together you could then create lookup fields to display data from each

---
> I think the issue I'm running into is I need a condition to be met for the record to be created, so my trigger is when condition matches

The triggering condition won't affect the "Create record" action or the linking I believe