2061 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Miller2
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey, guys. I’m trying to create a management solution for Telegram groups for our company. We are currently using Airtable for an employee directory, and I would like to incorporate messaging group management into it. We have several Telegram groups at our company, and each employee is granted membership to the groups based on their role at the company (sales, engineering, etc.) I would like to use an automation to:

• Send an email to new users added to a group that includes a static invite link
  • Ban/block employees from group(s) if they quit or are terminated

I’m planning to use Airtable automations to invite the new users, and a chat bot to kick/ban members that have changed roles or are terminated. (probably this one: Telegram Bot Integrations | Integromat)

I’m struggling with coming up with a “clean” way to make this work. Ideally, there would be a linked field to another table that contains all the info for the various groups (name, invite link, etc). Users should be added/removed from groups by changing the values of the linked field. I can set up an automation to watch when that field is updated, but I can’t think of a good way to see exactly how the field has changed.

A “dirty” way to do this is to create a checkbox field to specify group membership, but this will get messy very quickly. There would have to be a separate checkbox for each group, and a separate automation for each checkbox.

Have any of you solved a similar problem? I would love some suggestions.

7 Replies 7
Jeff_Miller2

I’m thinking @Bill.French would likely have some good ideas.

The easiest way to keep track of this would probably be with a many-to-many relationship:

Thanks. This is good advice.

Junction tables specifically is a new concept for me. I have to dive deeper into it to wrap my mind around how the automations would need to be set up, but I think this is the right solution.

Thanks for the confidence, but this is not my wheelhouse. Scott’s your guy when it comes to complex data models. :winking_face:

p.s. I’m not sure if you have a budget for your project, but if you do, I’d be happy to come in as your Airtable consultant and set all of this up for you, including the Integromat portion of it as well.

@ScottWorld we do have a budget for this project. What’s the best way to get in touch?

@Jeff_Miller2 Please feel free to send me a message through my contact form, and we can setup a Zoom videochat for next week! :slightly_smiling_face: Here’s the link: