523 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWalker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi I used to use the extension that moved records over from one table to another on the same base however, due to API Keys ending and becoming Tokens this extension has been removed from the options. It was essential in my job. My only option now is to copy over the records but I can only copy them in the same table not into a different table can someone please help?

Thank You!

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome back to the forums, @JWalker😃

You may not have realized that this is the 3rd time that you have asked this question, and the previous replies to your questions were all correct.

For categorizing records, you should use different “views” instead of different “tables”, which is what an Airtable employee explained to you here. It’s also what I recommended to you in this thread.

I cover views in depth in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning.

However, for the non-recommended approach of moving records from one table to another table, you were given the answer in this thread that you could create an automation to do that for you.

However, Airtable’s native automations can’t delete records (unless you write a custom JavaScript to delete records), so I recommended that you use Make’s Airtable Automations to do that for you.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld