Help

Automation not working in Form

Solved
Jump to Solution
504 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eren1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I have an automation here that works perfectly fine when I add a new dataset into my grid view. Once I switch to a form to add a new dataset the automation doesn't work properly. The automation I duplicated starts but the value is wrong. With a single automation nothing at all happens.

Not sure what it is. Maybe the trigger "when record is updated" vs "when record is created". I duplicated everything tried to keep everything the same, which is not really possible. There are some minor differences.

Here is what I have:

Trigger (when record is updated)

Eren1_0-1697467442128.png

Action (update record)

Eren1_1-1697467466817.png

 

 

Here is the other automation the creates a wrong value:


Trigger (when a record is created)

Eren1_2-1697467658746.png

Action (update record)

Eren1_3-1697467677145.png



1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eren1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Someone in our office managed to do it after three others failed.

She created a single select field with value (1/0). Default is 1.

In the final step of the automation it puts it in 0. This is how to fix the sequence problem

Eren1_0-1697612061518.png

 




See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hmm, have you tried the trigger "when a form is submitted"? Could possibly also have to do with the order and speed of things. If the automation action to get the data from the lookup field is faster then the lookupfield itself (link record + fetch data), it might have nothing to update. Just guessing here. 

Alternative could be to use "when record matches conditions" as a trigger, with the conditions "linked field not empty" + "Kilometerstand Start is empty", and then an the update action. 

Eren1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

No, did not work 😞

I found another post where someone suggest to use a script

Eren1_0-1697538444000.png

 

Eren1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Someone in our office managed to do it after three others failed.

She created a single select field with value (1/0). Default is 1.

In the final step of the automation it puts it in 0. This is how to fix the sequence problem

Eren1_0-1697612061518.png