956 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khuned_Sachdev
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have an automation with multiple actions and it’s failing, presumably as action 2 needs to wait a little until action 1 has competed. Is that possible?

Here is what I have:

Trigger: on ticked checkbox
Action 1: copying date and single-select fields to text fields with the same value/name
Action 2: find records using the text fields in Action 1
Action 3: update records

When I test the automation, it’s successful. When I split this autoamtion into two automations, it works fine. But when I have them sequencially in the same automation, with single trigger, Action 2 fails.

It says the fieds in Find Records have invalid filters. I’m guessing the text fields in Action 1 are not yet filled before Action 2 has started to find records. Is that possible?

Rgrds,
Khuned

8 Replies 8

My gut says that’s not the case. My experience with automation actions is that each action fully completes before moving on to the next action. My gut says that something with the filter settings might need to be tweaked. Would you be willing to share screenshots of your automation steps?

Are you using the values of the text fields in your find? What if you use the original values (the single select and the date) in the find?

I deleted the Date field update in Action 1, and changed the find to the original single-select fields and the automation worked!

Wondering if there is anyway not to manually enter the date in month/year format in a text field. The text field is required as a dynamic value in actions cannot be a formula or date field, if I am not wrong?

Hi Justin, was going to send the screenshot but @kuovonne’s suggestion seems to have gotten me nearly there.

Here is how I tried with the Date fields…Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 23.26.56

Khuned_Sachdev
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Both the Pay Month fields are presently Text Fields.

If the condition Field is change to a Date field, then I cannot add a dynamic value.

If I keep the condition field a Text Field as it presently is, then I cannot add a Date or Formula field. Therefore, I added the Text date field in the dynamic value.

Am I making sense?

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 23.35.27

If I was not clear: the fields in the Find Records action are from another table. The values are dynamic values from the table I’ve attached above.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I’ve reviewed these notes several times, and I’m completely lost. There are still pieces missing for me, like other setup details from your automation. Could you please post screenshots of all automation steps and all relevant table fields?