cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elizabeth_Geri
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi All -

I've been battling with this issue for two days.

I would like to send an email (via gmail integration) to a user when a record matches a condition.  I've connected everything and almost all of it works except one thing.  I want to include a url for the recipient to click if they need to update any information but it does not populate.

That URL is its own field in Airtable.  I use the + and choose the data and see it in the email properties.  However when I preview (or test email) the url is never there.  I have tried different formats for the field (short text, long text, formula and URL) - none of them work.  If I hard code the URL (arbitrarily selecting on from the table), it displays correctly.  I've tried it just as text or as a clickable link using the syntax on the Airtable help pages. I've been able to similarly replicate this using the Twilio text integration (i.e., no url there either.)

What am I missing? The URL is pretty standard - no special characters.  Help!  I feel like I'm going crazy.  🙂

TIA!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Elizabeth_Geri

Closing this off.  I decided this morning to start from scratch - creating a new automation.  And, it seems to be working.  Somehow the old one was corrupt?  Dunno.  

Thanks for the info on Make, @ScottWorld .  I won't use it here but will check it out for future work.  

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6

You may need to re-test the trigger so it loads the fields down to the actions below.

I've tried.  I've also tried placing the link at the top of the email (just to test) and I've tired placing other things after it.  Those get picked up.  

The link is built by using https://jotform.com/edit/ followed by a 19 digit unique code - its a submission id.  I've tried building the link as a formula or just manually entering it into the field for the purpose of testing.  Does not come through on the email.

Interesting, I did a little test to address the data.  I used a different field (zip code) and put it into the email.  It worked.  I then replaced that zip code value with the submission ID value.  When I did that, Airtable didn't recognize the new submission ID value and instead used the old zip code (which is no longer in the cell).

I'm beginning to think this is a bug???

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, not sure... it works fine for me, so you may want to send an email to support@airtable.com to ask them what's going on with your automation.

Elizabeth_Geri

Will do!  Thank you!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

In the meantime, you can setup your Gmail automation with Make's Gmail integrations and it should work over there.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

Elizabeth_Geri

Closing this off.  I decided this morning to start from scratch - creating a new automation.  And, it seems to be working.  Somehow the old one was corrupt?  Dunno.  

Thanks for the info on Make, @ScottWorld .  I won't use it here but will check it out for future work.