879 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IIAL
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to automate delete an image after the date set for that image. Context this is for a social media posting automation using another source (Make.com with airtable). Only have the free airtable account so it will occasionally say there are too many images, it would be nice if they would automatically delete after posting. 

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Assuming you're alright with clearing the entire attachment field, you should be able to do this with Automations relatively easily. 

Make a formula field that'll check whether today's the same date you want the image to be deleted on, make the automation trigger off that field, then do an "Update Record" action, add the attachment field then leave it empty like so:

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 11.27.09 AM.png

This'll clear out the image.  I vaguely recall reading that deleted attachments still contribute to the file size though as they're kept in the trash for you to recover it or something?  Not sure I'm afraid, sorry

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Assuming you're alright with clearing the entire attachment field, you should be able to do this with Automations relatively easily. 

Make a formula field that'll check whether today's the same date you want the image to be deleted on, make the automation trigger off that field, then do an "Update Record" action, add the attachment field then leave it empty like so:

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 11.27.09 AM.png

This'll clear out the image.  I vaguely recall reading that deleted attachments still contribute to the file size though as they're kept in the trash for you to recover it or something?  Not sure I'm afraid, sorry

IIAL

Thank you, I actually did not even need to use the formula field.

Helenelene
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-24 um 17.39.43.png

Hello, I am trying to do the same but can't get it to work.

For Record ID I selected the ID "Attachment" (= name of the column my attachment are) and left the Fields one empty. If I do this I get an error message. See screenshot 🙂

Thanks to everyone wo can help