cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DianaMk
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey All, 

I'm getting an error message about the Record ID when the IDs are the exact same. All automations are failing with the note "Record does not exist," yet the trigger is succeeding with the same Record Id. Photos below show the failing automation message and matching record Id from the trigger. 

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 9.02.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-29 at 9.02.50 AM.png

The Automation itself is based on formula fields which are populating correctly- photos below. If the Created Time (field) is within a certain Quarter (formula)- then update a single select field in the same record. I have this in 3 tables and for 1 everything is running correctly but for the other 2 everything is failing. Any advice before I submit to Airtable as a bug/glitch?

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 9.03.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-29 at 9.03.55 AM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Issues where record IDs don't exist are usually one of these cases:
- The record was deleted before the step was run. This usually happens after the automation was triggered but before the automation ran.
- The record belongs in a different table. The record ID does exist, but not in that particular table.
- The record ID was obtained from a calculated field (versus directly from the record itself), and is in the wrong format (e.g. it might have leading/trailing whitespace, or it might be an array instead of a single ID).

If this error happened when you are testing the automation, I recommend retesting the trigger.

If the record happened during production, I recommend searching for the record in the table and/or the trash. This will require having a a RECORD_ID() formula field.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Issues where record IDs don't exist are usually one of these cases:
- The record was deleted before the step was run. This usually happens after the automation was triggered but before the automation ran.
- The record belongs in a different table. The record ID does exist, but not in that particular table.
- The record ID was obtained from a calculated field (versus directly from the record itself), and is in the wrong format (e.g. it might have leading/trailing whitespace, or it might be an array instead of a single ID).

If this error happened when you are testing the automation, I recommend retesting the trigger.

If the record happened during production, I recommend searching for the record in the table and/or the trash. This will require having a a RECORD_ID() formula field.

DianaMk

Thanks so much @kuovonne for your reply! 

So far, none of the above has solved the issue. All the other automations will work- it will find the record it just won't update the record (because it says it doesn't exist). 

I know I created these fields in a weird way- I made lookup fields from one table to another instead of having to add the same fields over and over again in 3 other tables. But I changed the lookup fields to other field types (e.g. formula, number, date etc.). However, I tried just creating new columns altogether and that didn't work either. 

Super strange! 

DianaMk

Thanks Kuovonne, finally figured out my automations were connected to search in the incorrect tables for where the fields were actually located. Really appreciate it!