490 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Hodges
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have two tables: “Widgets”, “Sales”. A Sale record can reference one or more Widgets. When I create a new Sale record, I want the the “sold” field in the corresponding widget record(s) to be toggled. Sounds like this might be an Automation, but I’m new and not sure. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi @Brian_Hodges and welcome to the community!

Yes, you can build an automation for this. As I understand it, the widgets have 1 record each, so they can only be linked to 1 Sale record.

Trigger: table = Widgets > when a record matches conditions > when “the name of your linked field to Sale record” is “not empty”

Action: update record > table = Widgets > record ID = “select record ID from your first step” > field “sold” > “1” (assuming this field is a checkbox)

Try it out and let me know if that works for you.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi @Brian_Hodges and welcome to the community!

Yes, you can build an automation for this. As I understand it, the widgets have 1 record each, so they can only be linked to 1 Sale record.

Trigger: table = Widgets > when a record matches conditions > when “the name of your linked field to Sale record” is “not empty”

Action: update record > table = Widgets > record ID = “select record ID from your first step” > field “sold” > “1” (assuming this field is a checkbox)

Try it out and let me know if that works for you.

Brian_Hodges
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes. That works. I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to elucidate me!

Glad I could help! Would you mind marking my comment as the solution to your question? This helps others who may be searching with a similar challenge. Thanks!