cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keren_Ben-Shush
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,
I have a pretty simple base and need some of the records to recur daily. Right now I just change the dates on all of them at the end of each day.

Is there a simple way to turn a few records into recurring records in Airtable without having to use another tool (such as Zapier etc.)? I’ve seen some solutions but they all seem a bit complicated and I hope there is a new feature that I am not aware of that could make my life easier now :slightly_smiling_face: .

If there isn’t is there a least a way to select a few records and change their dates all at once?

Thanks in advance and peace to you all,
Keren

9 Replies 9
Per_Carlen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

You could maybe use a Formula field with Today()?

Keren_Ben-Shush

Thanks for your response! @Per_Carlen
Is there a way to use formula in a specific cell?
If I use a Formula column, and set it for “today”, the whole column would be set for today’s date.
(Sorry, I’m new in this… :slightly_smiling_face: )

What would the input dates be, and what would you like to change them to?

@Per_Carlen, the input date is today’s and I want the same record to repeat tomorrow, the day after and so on.
For example a daily half an hour staff meeting at the same hour.
The other records in the same base are one-time tasks.
And there are a few weekly tasks and some monthly events.
I’m looking for a simple way to do it, something similar to Outlook calendar, if that exists.

Per_Carlen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

What do you mean with this?

If you use Today(), the field will show 2019-09-25 tomorrow. Is that what you want?

This formula will return current day and 07:00 am.

DATETIME_PARSE(DATETIME_FORMAT(TODAY(), 'YYYY-MM-DD 07:00'), 'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm')

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Do you want to create new records each day, or do you want to recycle existing records and give them a new date?

If you just want to automatically change the date of some existing records every day, you can use an Airtable automation that runs every day with update record actions. You can get the record IDs from a formula field. This may not be any easier than the other methods you have found.

Grunty
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello Keren,

If you don’t want to deal with setting up an automation, maybe you can use this approach:

• Assuming you have the recurring tasks tipified by a field, say ‘Periodicity’.
  • Create a formula field: ‘todaysDate’; put a formula into it, like so:
    If (Periodicity = 'Daily', Today())
  • Make a view that selects only those recurring events:
    Periodicity = 'Daily'

This view should show the daily tasks automatically rolled over each new day.
(Not tested; try it on your own :slightly_smiling_face: )

Thank you, everyone. I will check out all your solutions.
I really appreciate your replies :slightly_smiling_face: