Help

Sample script to create multiple records based on "Find records" returned values

Topic Labels: Automations
714 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Ure
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,
What I’m trying to achieve around purchase orders.
I’d like to create a new record in PO’s table and on adding the Supplier in the new record, an automation is triggered.
This would “find records” in the Products table that have the matching Supplier.
Then, in the Purchase Orders Line Items table, new records would be added for each Product that was found and would including the PO# from Orders Table and the Product Name and SOH from Products table.

I can have the automation find the records but it seems to only output to a single record with multiple values. I need a way to create the multiple records.

If anyone has a basic script for such a thing, or could help in any way, that would be amazing.
Thanks in advance!
Jason

2 Replies 2
Jennifer_Jeline
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same question, were you ever able to figure this out?

Hi @Jennifer_Jelinek, here’s a sample base with an automation that does a Find Record action to look for all records with the status “Todo” and then creates records per record that was found

run automation

You should be able to view the script immediately; let me know if you hit any problems when modifying it!

(You can also just hire me to write the script for you too!)