435 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Israel_Garza
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am working on an automation with the purpose of sending an email to a person who took a training. The automation is triggered when I add a training type (this is a multiselect option field in my table). On the subject and message of the email, I would like to show the name and training type. However, whenever I add the training type on the message, it shows the entire list of training. I only want to show the one that person just recently took, in this case, it should be the last item of the list of trainings.

Can you please help with this? Any workaround?

2 Replies 2
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi,
Your table should ideally contain a record for each training type a person took.  Your automation will then run off of the most recently created record.
A work-around would possibly be to create a new field that holds the last class a person took.  You can then use that field when a record is updated.  It would entail entering a training type into 2 fields, however.
I would strongly suggest you re-do your table to hold one record per training type.

Jody

TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Try creating a formula field with this:

REGEX_EXTRACT(
  {Trainings},
  '[^,]*$'
)

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 9.30.55 AM.png

This will output the latest multiselect option you've added to the field, and you can use this in your automation
Link to base