1537 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dipladoc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I'm trying to use airtable to email callers templated information about products. 

I have a grid view where I can enter an caller's email, select from product list (a, b, c), then use the Button feature to trigger a SendGrid email that contains information about the selected product that is retrieved from a lookup table (a - info text, b-info text, and so on). 

This all works very smoothly except I would like to create a Form to enable staff to use this process without having to interact with the grid view. 

So I would like to somehow automate the pressing of the "Send email with SendGrid" button once the Form is submitted/record created. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any ideas you have.

2 Replies 2
RdMedia_srl
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

You can use a third-party automation tool like Make.com. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create a new automation on Make and select Airtable as the trigger app.

2. Connect to the Airtable account and select the base and table you want to use for this automation.

3. Set the trigger to "Watch Responses" 

4. Next, add the action step for SendGrid and connect your SendGrid account.

5. Use the data from the Airtable record to populate the SendGrid email with the relevant information about the selected product.

6. Finally, send the email with the SendGrid module

Once the automation is set up, it will trigger automatically whenever a new record is created via the form, and the SendGrid email will be sent with the relevant information about the selected product.

Schermata 2023-04-15 alle 09.56.23.png

Rodolfo - RdMedia

> So I would like to somehow automate the pressing of the "Send email with SendGrid" button once the Form is submitted/record created. Is there a way to do this?

Nope, I'm afraid not; we can't use automations to interact with Extensions at this time, and you'll need to look into workarounds such as those listed by RdMedia_srl