cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NEPCO
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Community !

I would like ti send a record (exactly the same than when we are on the table and have a right click “Send the recard by email”.
I’m okay with the condition and the email field. Just don’t find the action to send the record under this format.
I looked to add a column with the record url but I can’t find it (function ?)

Thank you so much in advance.
Nathalie/ France

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You cannot directly send an email through automations the same way that you can “send record” in the user interface. You can compose the email body and pick individual values from the record in the message body. You can also use a “find records” action to find the record and send the resulting grid in the email message.

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6

Hi @NEPCO - you can use an Airtable automation with the action being “send email”

Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 22.23.14

Within the send email action you can insert the Airtable record URL which is a direct link to the record.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you to help me.
I tried but I’m lost when this window opens :slightly_smiling_face: image

:thinking:

If you click on the “+” against “Message” you should see something like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 22.44.28

(The record from step 1).

If you click on the record, you will see the items below it - the fields in your table, plus some standard record data such as the record id and the record url:

Screenshot 2021-04-23 at 22.44.40

Hover over the airtable record url and you will see “insert” pop-up. Insert put this value into the email message (which I think is what you want). Continue takes you to the next level of data for the element of the record (e.g. length, uppercase, etc, in this case, probably not needed).

Does that work OK?

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You cannot directly send an email through automations the same way that you can “send record” in the user interface. You can compose the email body and pick individual values from the record in the message body. You can also use a “find records” action to find the record and send the resulting grid in the email message.

Hi !
Yes it’s work but the recipient has to sign in to see. It’s impossible for some of them (corporate policy).

But thanks it will surely be usefull soon :slightly_smiling_face:

NEPCO

Hi Kuovonne !

It works !
Thanks !!!

:star_struck: