cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronnie88
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I'd like to set up an automated weekly email for pending leave applications, but only if there are actually pending leaves. When I tried using conditions linked to individual records, it sent multiple emails. And when I used scheduling as a trigger, it still sent an email even if there were no pending leaves. I have an interface with this summary, but can't seem to use it in the automation. Has anyone figured out a solution for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm, that looks fine.  I tried setting up the automation you want and ended up with this: 

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 5.26.21 PM.png

Seems to do what you want I think, could you have a look at and let me know if it's wrong?
Link to base

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Could you provide screenshots of the data with an example of which records the email should include?  You're probably already aware of it but Airtable has a guide for sending an email with a list of records on a schedule:
https://support.airtable.com/docs/how-to-create-email-digests-with-automations

Ronnie88_0-1714987125308.png

Here's a truncated extract of the data. Pending leave applications must be sent to managers once a week. If there are no pending applications, no email must be sent. I've followed the process outlined in the link you shared - unfortunately, this still sends blank emails when there are no pending applications, hence the cry for help.

Hmm, that looks fine.  I tried setting up the automation you want and ended up with this: 

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 5.26.21 PM.png

Seems to do what you want I think, could you have a look at and let me know if it's wrong?
Link to base

Yes, this works. Thanks so much!