113 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shadow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'd like to create an automation to send out a notice to individuals who did not meet their quota using data from a spreadsheet.

So every week we get an individual's timesheet that is placed in a Google Sheet. Using this data, I'd like to make an automation to send out a notification to an individual if they have not completed their quota. With each failure of the quota, I'd also like to increase the amount of "Strikes" listed, if they reach 3 strikes, another notification is sent to a supervisor listing the person(s) that did not complete the quota. 

Relatively new to Airtable, any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2
Jason_Hill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being new to Airtable, this can get a little complicate, but in a general sense, this can be done. There are many ways to attack this, but I would probably use three tables linked together. The first table contains the logged hours. This is linked to the second table with the employees. The third is the supervisors. As the logged hours get entered into the first table, the second table completes some rollups (SUM) of those hours. If those hours don't meet specific criteria using a formula, an email is sent based at a specific week's time. I then usually check a box when I send an email for good measure. If there are three checked boxes, you could generate an email to the supervisor in the third table. That is a quick and dirty way of attacking it. You may need assistance from someone to help you set it up. There are other ways to do this, but this one could work.

How are you getting the data from Google Sheet into Airtable?  Could you provide screenshots of how that data looks after you've imported it?