1029 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jed_Davidow
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have an automation attached to a button, and I want to insert the user who is logged in to a field.

I can’t seem to figure this out. Is there a current_user() formula?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That would be nice, but that is not a part of Airtable. I would send a feature request email about this to support@airtable.com.

However, Airtable does have “Last Modified By”fields, and it also shows user activity in the activity history viewer window. You can also specify the “Last Modified By” field to only watch certain fields.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That would be nice, but that is not a part of Airtable. I would send a feature request email about this to support@airtable.com.

However, Airtable does have “Last Modified By”fields, and it also shows user activity in the activity history viewer window. You can also specify the “Last Modified By” field to only watch certain fields.

Al_B
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is technically not "solved". Frustrating for a user coming for a solution to find it's not a solution per the original poster's request.

Rafael_Oliveira
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Al_B @Jed_Davidow , maybe you could use the Script extension and run the code 

session.currentUser.name
This code will pull the current user name. So you could use update record function to insert this current user name into this field.