Help

Re: Struggling to Iterate/Automate Several Records Into A Concatenated Formula Via Roll-Ups

2269 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tahir_Jetter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey All,

I'm trying to create an automation whereby, when a user checks the green "flag" checkbox for a given "Adjustment" in the "All Adjustments" table, it triggers the creation of what you see under the  "Analysis by Division" field in the Analysis Table. 

All Adjustments with Checkbox.pngConcatenated Analysis Table.png

That is, for a given checkboxed "Adjustment" (listed in All Adjustments Table) like "Seat Molding," "Touch ID Seat Adjustment," "Heated Massage," "Meal Reheater/Composter" or "Retractable Covid Seat Screen," I'd like Airtable to automate the concatenated formula (as shown under "Analysis by Division,") pairing every one of the 17 "Team Divisions" that I have posted in the list of Team Divisions (which I have rolled up into the "Analysis" table) with the "Item Being Analyzed," which is basically a roll-up of the same checkboxed "Adjustment" from the All Adjustments Table. 

List of Team Divs.png

I was trying to automate this from the click of the checkbox in "All Adjustments" and spit out 17 concatenated records in the "Analysis" table, but I think I'm doing something wrong. Any feedback? Thanks. 

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 9.23.06 PM.png

Automations.png

Attempted Automation.png

  

      

5 Replies 5

Not really sure I'm following.  I think you're looking to create one record per Team Division? If so, I recommend checking out the repeating group functionality

The automation would do a "Find Records" action to get all the records in "Team Division", then you'd put a "Create Record" action inside the repeating group to create one record per Team Division

Hi,

Yes, sorry that was so wordy. Yes, let's say I check the green checkbox button for a given "adjustment" and it's (for example) the "Seat Molding" record. I want to then make that selected checkbox trigger 17 concatenated formulas as I've written them:

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 10.42.19 PM.png

Spinning out "Telecommunications's Analysis of Seat Molding" "Sales's Analysis of Seat Molding," etc. to align with the 17 different team divisions I've included in that table. 

Thanks!

And the output of each formula field would need to be created as a new record in the "Analysis" table? 

If the divisions don't change I think I'd just manually create one "Create Record" action as needed.

Really sorry, at this point I still don't think I fully follow you.  Do you think you could create a really simplified version of this issue with an example base and I could help you with it? 

Alternatively if we could get on a quick call I think that'd help massively too

Hey,

No, I think you've got it!

The content of the Team Divisions table would stay the same, and those 17 team divisions be pulled into the "Analysis" table, and paired with the "Adjustment" selected by the checkbox in the "All Adjustments" table.  

So in essence, I'm trying to automate it so that, say the "Name" of the "Adjustment" were "Cosmetic Seat Improvements" and I clicked that record's checkbox button in the "Generate Impact Analysis" field in the "All Adjustments" table. The result I'd want is that in the "Analysis" table under "Analysis by Division," 17 new records would immediately be created as such:

1. Adjustment Management's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  2. Community Relations's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  3. Contracting's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  4. Conveyance's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  5. Cost Management's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  6. Interstate Relations's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  7. Manufacturing's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  8. Marketing's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  9. Program Integration's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  10. Real Estate's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  11. Resource Management's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  12. Sales's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  13. Space Force Compliance's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  14. Technical's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  15. Telecommunications's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  16. User Experience's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements
  17. Utilities's Analysis of Cosmetic Seat Improvements 

Thanks!

Oh hm, wait, so you've looked into the repeating group functionality?  Because that would do exactly what you needed I think

You'd have an automation that would trigger when the user checks the green "Flag" checkbox in "Adjustment", with the following actions:
1. Find Records action which would find all the records in the "List of Team Divisions" table
2. A repeating group function with a "Create Record" action that would create one record per division record in the list from the previous step

What problems did you face when attempting this?