1660 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pascal_Vallet
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

In Airtable i have students information including a unique student ID for 600 students in a view called Master class showing students from Pre-K to grade 4.

I need the 600 students data information to sync with z Google sheet.

I have created a scenario using MAKE (aka integromat) and I can :slightly_smiling_face:

• Create a new line in Google sheet if a new student is added to Airtable
  • update the values in Google sheet if they are updated in Airtable

The tricky part was if a value is deleted in Airtable (student is leaving Learning Support, a box is unchecked in Airtable) as the update formula was not clearing the respective cell in Google sheet but I was able to work around. So this work too.

The last thing I cannot find a way to do is :
If a student is deleted in Airtable or is not visible in the master class view because the student grade is now grade 5 for example, Ineed to delete the same student row in Google sheet. And I cannot find a way to do it.

My idea was every x minutes in integromat to compare all the student ID IN AIRTABLE, then all the students ID in Google and if one was missing in Airtable then delete the row in Google sheet but I cannot make this work.

Any idea ? Using integromat or the sortable sync feature ?

4 Replies 4

To make this work, you can’t use Airtable’s normal delete function prior to deleting the row in Sheets.

There are several different ways of approaching this, but one way of doing this would be to trigger a Make scenario that does the deleting of the student in BOTH Google Sheets and Airtable.

Pascal_Vallet
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Very smart, I see how this could work: a delete check box and if checked then delete the row in Google sheet and delete the row in Airtable.

For the cell that are cleared of their values in Airtable, it was tricky to sync it with Google sheet (the cell was not synced) so i had to create multiple action for each column where where basically I say with a flyer IF CELL R (in column R) is empty then CLEAR the cell R{Google sheet line number} in Google sheet. It works but I need to do this for all the column.

Is their a way to sync an empty cell from Airtable to Google sheet ?

Pascal_Vallet
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The porblel I see is tht we only delete students who have enrolled new students but who are deciding to not come to school. In lost cases we have students leaving the school during the school year but for those student we do not delete the data, we empty the cell “homeroom”. By doing this they are not visible anymore in the master classes view on Airtable which filter the students without a homeroom. I think I know how I should deal with this one.

Do you want to clear out cells in Google Sheets, or do you want to delete the entire row? Make has a “Delete Row” module that you can use to delete an entire row.

To clear out a cell, I believe that you should be able to refer to an empty Airtable field when updating a cell in Google Sheets. (If that doesn’t work, Make has a null function that you can use. Although you would probably need to also create an IF statement in Make, so that it can determine whether or not it should use the null function or not.)