5173 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pantostada
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have an interface to track overtime opportunities for my team. There is a button to click if you'd like to express interest in working an event with an automation set up to:

1) send an e-mail with your name and the event you're interested in to management

2) automatically clear your checked box and clear your name from "last edited by" so other people aren't discouraged from expressing interest if they think someone has already claimed that day or time.

This works for those with base access, because we can see who updated the field in the activity history. The problem is I am trying to kick everyone out of the base except me, and other team members that need that information won't have access to the activity history.

My questions are:

1) is there a way to show activity history in an interface? I see the area to add comments, but not activity to an interface view

2) is there a way to track the names of everyone who has clicked that button and keep track on it in a separate column so the other team members can see the list of people who expressed interest? For example, anyone who has clicked the "interested" button will have their name take down and added to a list even if their name is cleared by the automation

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @pantostada!

It's possible to capture the details of who clicks the button but it requires an Airtable script to get the info of the session.currentUser object and populate this info in another field and this may be overkill.

Another option is to use the built-in "last modified by" field type and display this on the interface. You can configure this field to only watch specific fields, if needed. One caveat is that this will show "Automations" if it was last modified by an automation.
lastmodified.png

Hope that helps!
-Stephen

Thanks, @Stephen_Orr1 , I will try to script!

I have the "last modified by" set up to watch that button, but I have it automatically cleared because I didn't want the team to assume whoever clicked the button last was the only person we should reach out to.