1179 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhibavishi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am attempting to create an integration between RingCentral and Airtable by registering a webhook on RingCentral that will be triggered on specific events (such as receiving messages). The endpoint I want to use is hosted on Airtable, and I am using RingCentral's Subscription API to create the webhook subscription.

Details: 

1. Airtable Webhook URL: The webhook URL I want to register with RingCentral is https://hooks.airtable.com/workflows/v1/genericWebhook/xxxxxxxx [Truncated the URL for privacy reasons].

2. RingCentral Subscription API: I am utilizing RingCentral's Subscription API to create the webhook. I have provided the eventFilters that are relevant to my use-case and specified the transportType as WebHook.

3. Error Encountered: When I attempt to register the webhook, I receive the following error message:

"Error status: 400, Error message: {"errorCode":"SUB-522","message":"WebHook responds with incorrect HTTP status. HTTP status is 400","errors":[{"errorCode":"SUB-522","message":"WebHook responds with incorrect HTTP status. HTTP status is 400","status":"400"}],"status":"400"}"

Authentication: I am authenticating using JWT, and the token generation part seems to be working fine. The issue arises when I try to register the webhook.

Code Used: Below is the simplified code snippet that represents the webhook registration process:

// ... Authentication code ...

let webhookUrl = 'https://hooks.airtable.com/...'; // Airtable webhook URL
let registerWebhookUrl = `${server}/restapi/v1.0/subscription`;

let webhookResponse = await fetch(registerWebhookUrl, {
  method: 'POST',
  headers: {
    'Content-Type': 'application/json',
    'Authorization': 'Bearer ' + accessToken
  },
  body: JSON.stringify({
    eventFilters: [
      '/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store'
    ],
    deliveryMode: {
      transportType: 'WebHook',
      address: webhookUrl
    }
  })
});

// Error handling code ...

Questions:

• Is there something specific about the Airtable webhook URL that might be causing this issue?
  • Are there additional headers or parameters required for registering a webhook with RingCentral using an Airtable URL?
  • Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and found a solution or workaround?

I appreciate any insights or guidance on resolving this issue. Thank you!

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I haven't had much luck with Airtable webhooks. I would STRONGLY STRONGLY recommend using Make's webhooks instead, which have always worked 100% flawlessly for me and my clients.

Even better, Make's webhooks offer tons of features & tons of flexibility that Airtable's webhooks have never allowed. Make even offers custom webhook responses & custom mailhooks as well!

Also, even better news for you is that you probably don't even need to work with webhooks at all, because Make offers native RingCentral integration.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

I have also personally helped many of my clients with integrating text messaging & voice messaging systems with Airtable. So if your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Hm, if you change your webhookUrl to something from webhook.site, does it work?