1796 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhaulmark
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I am trying to update an existing record with a form without it creating a new record.  I have attempted this several times using automation but I am having no luck. Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

Form submissions will always create a new record, so the best you can do is delete the newly created record after you've used the data in it.

Do you have a Pro plan?  If so, you can add a "Run a script" action and write some JavaScript that will delete the form submission once you have utilized the data in the form submission to update the existing record.  There are some examples of the code that can accomplish this in the forums and you can search for it

If you do not have a Pro plan then you could attempt to use a third party tool with some JavaScript to delete the record the form submission created

paulo
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

A workaround is to use a form that integrates with Airtable. We have built a form allowing you to edit a record in Airtable.

https://miniextensions.com/miniextensions-form-for-airtable/

Using a formula field, you can generate a unique URL for each record and opening this URL will allows you to update existing record.