cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thursday_pools
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I was hoping that somebody could tell me what I have set up wrong in this update record automation. Every time it runs I get an error message emailed to me. I have included three screenshots, one for the trigger, one for the find records action and one for the record update action. Any help I could get would be most appreciated.

Action Screenshot 2.pngTrigger Screenshot.pngFind Records Screenshot.pngAction Screenshot 1.png

7 Replies 7
RockyCCChong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What's the error message?

thursday_pools

The record does not exist

RockyCCChong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think this should be (Airtable record ID) and not a list. 

1.png

I thought so too, but it only lets me select List of Airtable record ID if I use the Find Records step. I had read somewhere that I didn't need it and when I took it out, then I could select just Airtable record ID, but it returned the same error.

It's looking for the EXACT Record ID. Inserting the list won't work as it won't find a record that's a string.

Use the advanced logic, Repeating Action. You can use the find records step as a list. Then move your update record step into the repeating section. Chang it's Record ID configuration to read from the repeating logic.

Hope this helps.

Justin Ng
Programme Coordinator at Sistema Aotearoa
https://www.sistemaaotearoa.org.nz/

I mean like this, within the Update records step. 

2.png

Could you provide screenshots of the relevant tables and talk abit about the business use case here?  Understanding what you're trying to do and seeing how your base is set up will be very helpful in troubleshooting