467 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacob_Conell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table that records data for truck checks that our employees perform. One of the fields are linked to another table that hold information of the individual vehicles. I had an automation that would automatically update the mileage of the vehicle selected in the vehicle table with the mileage that was enter on the truck check table. It worked great for a year but is now broken. I cannot figure out how to get it working again. Anyone have any advice as to how to set this up? The configuration is not very intuitive.

2 Replies 2

Hi @Jacob_Conell, my guess is that new checks are entered via form or similar into the truck checks table?

If it’s a new record you’re taking the mileage info from, I would use that as a trigger. So run an automation where the trigger is “when record created”. Part of data that’s passed there should be the linked truck, so you can use a “find record” action to pull that record from the trucks table. Then you’ll use an “update record” action to update that truck record with the mileage info from the triggering record.

Let me know if that makes sense!

Dan_airtable
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

are you getting a ‘received invalid inputs’ error in your automation?