2172 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saket_Pusalkar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a daily automation where I do find records, which outputs a list of records, I want to update a field (its a single select status field). But my current automation only seems to work if the find records outputs exactly one entry. If I have more than 1 entries, then the “update records” action gives me an “Received invalid input” error.Screenshot 2021-03-13 at 12.39.40 PM

I want the update function to run on EACH of the records found by the find function. But I am unclear how I’m supposed to change the Record ID field to reflect that.

2 Replies 2
Saket_Pusalkar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Looking at some other posts in this forum, it looks like the find records → update records does not work as anyone would expect it to. Doing it any other way would mean that each single update to a row would count as 1 run of the automation. Have instead decided to only use views which will filter rows based on some conditions. That made the status field almost obsolete, because for every possible value of status, I ended up creating a separate view, but it serves the purpose for me atleast for now.

Right, this is the #1 biggest complaint and #1 biggest confusion about Automations.

Unfortunately, this simply doesn’t work in the way that anybody would ever expect it to work, as I describe in this post:

I’m glad that you were able to find a workaround in Automations that works for you for now!

For anybody else that can’t find a workaround, your options are to write your own custom JavaScript or use a truly professional automation platform like Integromat. (Note that I am an Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code.)