cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charlie_Spokes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I’m trying to set up an airtable automation to update an existing record in a table “new members” after that member submits additional information through the airtable form I’ve embedded on my website.

The form is set up to automatically add their Memberstack ID to the new submission so I can match it to existing records and use this to update them but I cannot get the automation to work as it seems to be based on the Record ID field, not Memberstack ID.

Can anyone help me out

Thanks in advance

Charlie

6 Replies 6
Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you would like to update an existing record via form, this is one of the options:

Paul_Warren1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

My preferred way before I learned Javascript was to do this by using a partially prefilled form that creates a record in an “update” table linked to the record which needs to be updated. Then use several “update record” automations to update the destination record. Each field should likely be separated into its own automation, other wise you may update a field with a blank input.

Alternatively, you could use a script action! You will need some Javascript know-how, but this will not require the prefilled form. You can first search all of your records in a view with the original student records and find the destination record based on the Memberstack ID. Then you can update the record with only those fields which have been updated.

If you need help setting this up feel free to reach out :slightly_smiling_face:

Charlie_Spokes

@Paul_Warren1 - I ended up going down this same partially prefilled form route to submit to the “updated profile” table. I skipped updaing an airtable record in the “new members” table and just went straight to updating the webflow CMS item.

Interested to learn more about the javascript option though - I feel this would save me a lot of time!

My full use case is a directory listings membership site for the dating industry using webflow/memberstack/airtable and zapier/integromat. Free for singles to browse listings & contact businesses and businesess pay a fee to list themselves. We use at least 25% of each membership fee to pay for facebook and google ads!

@Moe - I’v looked at your extension a few times as it fixes quite a few issues I’ve come across but it’s just too expensive for this project

Hi @Charlie_Spokes, Thanks for sharing this. I am working on a directory listing website and stuck on this. can you share more details of your solution? Do you mean a user to update details through updating details on WebFlow OR Memberstack?

Hi @Rupesh_Patel,

1.A user can create a paid account on my site using memberstack.
2.This creates 2 unique memberpages (one public facing and one private, accessible only by that client)
3. The private page has an airtable form with the webflow user ID prefilled. When the form is submitted, it creates a new line in my “updated members” table & triggers integromat (using watch records then search record) to find that record in my “new members” table & update that member in both Webflow CMS to update the private and public members page.

It’s not the most elegant solution but it works fine!