Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

How to send airtable updates to your personal slack?

Topic Labels: Automations
407 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you send airtable updates to someone’s personal slack, pinging them instantly when they’ve been added as a collaborator. So far, all updates will be sent to a channel but not individual slacks.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Jenny_Simon!

Are you referring to sending someone a direct message in Slack? As far as I know, Airtable doesn’t support sending direct messages in Slack. I believe that Airtable only supports sending messages to Slack channels.

I’m sure that a custom JavaScript can be written for these purposes. However, for a no-code approach to this, you can easily send direct messages from Airtable to Slack by using Integromat’s Slack automations:

Integromat has 100% full support for Slack — scroll down to the bottom of this page to see all the parts of Slack that are supported:

I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat links contain my personal referral code.

If you have a budget for your project and need to hire an expert to set this up for you, feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.