cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sophie_BELLEGO
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there ! 

I used to have automations running with an outlook connected email being a shared mail box. These kind of mail box doesn't have an outlook account (no password).

Since a year now, my automations are no longer working, I have to change every account connected with an exchange account with log in + password. So I tricked here and put a standard email address as connected account (mine) and use the option "send as" and there I put the shared mail box I work with.... still, I have an error message in all my automations saying I don't have the right to send on behalf of...but checking the exchange tenant, I do have these rights....can somebody help ??? How can we used shared mail boxes to send email automation from airtable ???

Capture d’écran 2023-05-12 093709.png

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Sophie_BELLEGO 

No idea. Maybe try Make’s Outlook automations for your Airtable email automations?

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses. There are also many Make experts hanging out there who can answer other Make questions. 

ConnorEvans
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I understand how frustrating it can be when automations stop working. For using shared mailboxes with Outlook email automation in Airtable, there might be some configuration issues.
To troubleshoot, try verifying the permissions again in your Exchange tenant, ensuring that you indeed have the right to ""send on behalf of"" the shared mailbox.
Also, check if there are any specific settings in your automation tool that need to be adjusted to work with shared mailboxes. Double-checking these settings might resolve the error messages.
For more detailed assistance and tips, head over to https://multitechverse.com/. They offer valuable insights on email automation and could help you get your automations back on track.

kschnaenberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Sophie!  Ever get this one figured out?  We're running into the same issues.

In receiving emails from a shared inbox - you can create an outlook rule to shift those received emails to your actual email. 

But there might be something you can do on the outlook side of things to help...