2054 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oli_Steadman
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I built an Automation for a customer and it works well, except about 1 in every 500 executions the Trigger fails to feed through to the Action. I get a helpful notification in Airtable and via email:
Your automation Name has failed 1 time in Table on 04/07/2021 at 8:53am.

These are super helpful and I’d like an option to have them send to the customer instead of just to me. But I don’t see a feature (e.g. in Automations drawer) for configuring this (e.g. a field for “Owner/s of this Automation” or “Subscriber/s to this Automation” where I could paste their email address).

I guess if we wanted to “switch” the notification/subscriber then I could ask customer to manually Duplicate the existing Automation whilst logged in with their account, and presumably this would create a copy of it with them as new sole owner. But then we’d either have 2x Triggers on each event (not appropriate in this example where the Automation deletes a row i.e. it’s an Action you’d only perform once) or, if I subsequently deleted my original copy of the Automation, I’d no longer received failure notifications. Neither of these solves our question.

Short of creating a custom filter in my gmail to forward the notification, how can we multiple Airtable users receive failure notifications for the same Automation?

1 Reply 1
Curtis_Kimball
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I didn’t see a reply to this question, but I found an answer:
It seems to be whoever last toggled the automation to “on” is the owner and will be the only one to receive notifications.

# Automation emails

Emails sent from Airtable Automations come from noreply@airtable.com to ensure that emails aren’t flagged as spam. At this time there isn’t a way to change that sending email to another email address.

Currently, while an automation is ON, that automation will always send an email notification whenever it fails. However, if you’d like to have someone takeover “ownership” of the Automation and its failure notifications, that collaborator will need to toggle the Automation OFF then back ON, and they will receive those failure notifications going forward.