cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nate_S
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I’m wondering if Airtable is a good fit for managing our student share flat expenses. Currently we use icloud numbers, to enter raw values and show, but it is cumbersome and manual. This is what I have in mind:

• People Table: All people are stored here and cross referenced. Sometimes people move in and out, or go away for holiday, so don’t need to pay power bill for example.

• Powerbill Table: Our powerbill is calculated everyday automatically. We have an app which shows how much power was used for each day and input into the airtable. For each day I can enter the $ value of a day. This is then divided into payees of two sorts, heat users, non-hear users, depending on if you use electric blanket that day. The issue I have right now is that I do not know how to tie that back to the person, as an outstanding fee.

Thanks for following through that and hopefully it wasn’t too confusing or abstract. Appreciate any opinions!

tricky

1 Reply 1
Pete
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Nate! This looks like a great setup. Next, I’d try adding a rollups field on the People table that reference the PowerBill Data linked record field > the two formula fields on the PowerBill Data table. The Rollups’ functions should be Sum(values).

This :arrow_up: will make a bit more sense once you’re configuring the Rollup field. A bit more context on this field type here.

Let me know if this helps!