1236 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Pena
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Airtable community! This is my first time posting in the forums and I’ve been using Airtable for a few months now and slowly getting the hang of it. I was wondering about the best ways of implementing capacity planning to a base, provided with fields for effort level, and start and end dates for each project.

ex.

Tables:
Employees - contains data on employees
Projects - contains data on projects occurring throughout the year(s)
Assignments - contains data which assigns an employee, to a project, for a period of time, with a specified amount of effort on that project.

An employee can be assigned to multiple projects, and project can have have multiple employees working on it. The important data is the effort level, since the idea is to have an employee achieve 100% effort across multiple projects (ex. 25% on 4 different projects will sum to 100%). The employee will work on the specified project(s) for a length of time.

Is it possible to show the total effort for each employee across a monthly basis? I would like to know the employees effort level throughout the year(s), calculating their current efforts and those throughout each month.

My Assignment Table has these fields:
Assignment - a formula field with the project name, employee name, and amount of time for that assignment
Effort - percent effort on that project
Start Date
End Date

Hopefully I have stated my question and problem correctly and forgive me if I missed something or posted on the wrong section of the forum. I can provide additional information if needed. Thanks!

0 Replies 0