Help

Multiple choices unique to each row + dynamic columns based on choices?

Topic Labels: Base design
658 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffrey_Bartlet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Maybe this is impossible, but I’m just checking to see.

I’m trying to put together a database of software I have, Most of it is audio production software and I have vast amount of plugins.

So I essential have data that I need to organize is like this:
developer | plugin name | software key [or] license file [or] iLok registration code

what I want is to have a multiple selection for what software I own by each developer.

EG:

Column 1 (developer): iZotope

Column 2 (plugins owned) multiple selection:

• Ozone 9 advanced, Neutron 3 advanced, Vocal Synth, RX 8 Standard
  • These options will not exist in row 2 because row 2 will be a different developer who does not make these plugins.
  • I do not want to have a new section for each developer because it would make no sense. Some companies only make 1 plugin.

Column 3 is:

• invisible
  • dynamically created after I selected Ozone 9 advanced and RX 8 Standard.
  • asks what type of licensing (serial, license file, login, iLok activation code) for each.
  • generates a field that corresponds to this selection (column 4 & 5)
  • it rarely is the case but lets say the license type was different for these 2 products. I select “license file” for ozone and serial for RX 8. Here’s what happens next:

Column 4 is generated

• upload license file for Ozone 9 Advanced

Column 5 is generated

• enter serial# for RX 8 Standard

The rest of the columns would just be some nice fluff like a thumbnail image of the developer logo or something. Maybe invoice numbers for each plugin.

1 Reply 1

Hello and welcome @Jeffrey_Bartlett!

So my initial recommendation is to build two tables in this scenario. One for tracking Developers and one for tracking their individual plug ins.

Table for tracking developers:
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 10.15.14 AM

Table for tracking plug ins with a linked record field linking the developer to their plug in.
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 10.15.44 AM

I’m curious as to your use case for this table? Is this something for your personal use or are you looking to send this out to others for submission? I’m thinking mainly of whether creating a Form view with some conditional form fields might be helpful in this situation.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .