Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Combining Monthly Prices Lists into Master Price List

90 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unute
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have monthly price lists that I'm looking to combine into a "master" combined price list.  The appended base provides 3 monthly price lists, along with a 4th table that exemplifies the desired output table.  In the "Combined Price List - Desired Output" table, a field is allocated to each of the respective monthly price lists.  I'm looking for a way to automate the creation of the 4th table.  Ideally, the 4th table would update if the monthly price list tables are updated.  

Base Link

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, you'd need to :
1. Somehow trigger a script whenever a new table gets created to create the new field in "Combined Price List" for the new month
2. Link each of the records in the monthly price list to the record in "Combined Price List"
3. Update the new field with the values from the monthly price list
4. Whenever the monthly price list is updated, it should update as well

I think it's all doable the first one (triggering the script when a new table gets created), but you could just do that manually I suppose.  It'd be a lot of work though I think

If I were you I'd just:
1. Create the 12 price list tables manually
2. Link them all to "Combined Price List"
3. In "Combined Price List", create one lookup field per linked monthly price list table

Not sure how the records get created in the monthly price list tables, but if they come in as a batch it'd be simple enough to just copy the entire column and paste it into the linked field to link everything up