6095 23
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashley_ashe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What’s the best way to go about designing a table so that my team can duplicate multiple records at a time? For context, we are grant writers, and we want the tasks and subtasks for each grant to be the same. So I created a template that has 8 records. Right now, we have to make a copy of each record of the template and assign it to the correct grant. That of course leaves room for error. How can we duplicate the template Tasks at one time?

Thanks in advance.

23 Replies 23

So your advice to put in a dummy record worked. I created one record and I got almost to the end of our process… and it said I can’t have more than 25 steps per automation. Other than deleting/consolidating steps, do you have any suggestions?

Split it into more than one? Use one automation to create records in the Tasks table, and then subsequent ones to create records in Subtasks. IE: Trigger using “When a record matches conditions” in Tasks, WHEN TaskName IS “xyz task.” Then just add the steps to create the subtasks. The same logic can apply to all of them essentially.

Ah that makes sense. I’ll give it a try.

Blessings,
Ashley N. Ashe
Gateway Grant Services

Thanks again for all your help… I hope I’m not bothering you with all my questions! This is all new to me.

I’ve been running test all along to make sure the automations are working. Until now they have been. But now they’ve decided they’re done for the day eye roll. So I turned off all the automations and logged out. Hoping when I come back, it works.

As I was creating the Subtasks, it stopped populating the Projects table with the Tasks and was ONLY populating the Tasks table with the Subtasks but NOT in any of the Test Projects columns. For some reason it was not connecting the Project back to the Test project so it was leaving it empty. Thoughts?

Blessings,

Ashley Ashe
Co-Founder | Lead Consultant

c287a898c44f83e230924740546489f12b3520d2.png

www.gatewaygrant.com