233 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noramax
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Looking to create some kind of form / interface that allows the user to submit multiple records. For context, here is the use case:

I'm creating an Ordering/Receiving Inventory Management base to use across staff at a Restaurant for order management. Person 1 does the ordering, they submit what they ordered. (ideally they'd be able to do it by distributor, so for Distributor 1 we ordered 7 cases of X, 2 cases of Y, etc.) This populates to a new table of sorts that Person 2 can reference when they do the receiving of said order. They'll see the 'Qty ordered', the 'Item Ordered', and the 'Distributor'. They theoretically can denote what was received (1 case of Y instead of 2 cases, etc.), as well as attach invoices for easy reference. 

Not necessarily set on the set up being a 'form' per se, although that makes the most sense to me. However I am getting stuck as I can't find anything about adding multiple records through a form, it seems the form set up is more specifically for filling out individual records only.  Any insight/help on technical stuff as well as the larger format of the execution itself is appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, you could try doing this with an Interface with a Record Picker element to select the Distributor, and a Grid / List element to add line items for that Order?

Screen Recording 2024-09-02 at 9.46.55 AM.gif

Link to base

I ended up creating a table called "Orders" that linked the Distributor to the Order Line Items so that we could contain the invoice and date of the order instead of duplicating that data for every Order Line Item:

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 9.49.02 AM.png

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Mike_AutomaticN
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey! Unfortunately this is not currently possible with Airtable forms. I’d suggest you use Fillout.com forms. 

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, you could try doing this with an Interface with a Record Picker element to select the Distributor, and a Grid / List element to add line items for that Order?

Screen Recording 2024-09-02 at 9.46.55 AM.gif

Link to base

I ended up creating a table called "Orders" that linked the Distributor to the Order Line Items so that we could contain the invoice and date of the order instead of duplicating that data for every Order Line Item:

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 9.49.02 AM.png

Thank you!!! This is super helpful and I think may be just what I was looking for!