Help

Form Validation - where can i find them?

Topic Labels: Base design
Solved
Jump to Solution
868 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshtech
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Community,

I have created a form to let user fill in the fields. After some time I notice that there are some errors. The errors come from user..

1. Miss out an alphabet or a number of a SKU

2. Key in the wrong the wrong word.

3. Select the wrong date

I'm trying to find some ways to validate the input.

Is there anything that allows me to prompt user:

1. Prompt user to key the field when he/she forgot.

2. Remind the user set the date at X days after the initial date, if the user instead set it at any other days.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can make fields required, but that’s it in terms of validation.

For a form with unlimited validation capabilities, you would need to use an advanced form tool like JotForm, and then you would use Make’s JotForm integrations to send your form submissions into Airtable.

Other form apps like Cognito Forms have advanced validation options as well, and again, you would use Make to get the information into Airtable.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can make fields required, but that’s it in terms of validation.

For a form with unlimited validation capabilities, you would need to use an advanced form tool like JotForm, and then you would use Make’s JotForm integrations to send your form submissions into Airtable.

Other form apps like Cognito Forms have advanced validation options as well, and again, you would use Make to get the information into Airtable.

Hi Scoot,

Thanks for the recommendation. May I ask one more thing, not sure if its possible.

Can I have store a field correct input answer somewhere inside airtable, and whenever, user key in in that field,

airtable will "scan" the field to see if that data matches to the one stored in airtable?

So if it matches, proceed. If not, prompt user.

Thank you.