1896 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edward_Fultz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a grid view with a long text column. Is there a way to either have the row expand to show all of the data in the text cell (similar to that done in excel)? Or some visual indicator that there is more text that is not being shown?

3 Replies 3

Hey there!

You can change this using the Row Height feature (See screenshot)

CleanShot 2020-04-25 at 10.18.08

Edward_Fultz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for your response. I am aware of the row height settings. The issue I am having is I have cells that have more data than can be seen even with Extra Tall. I was hoping there would be some kind of visible indicator that not all of the data is visible to let users know they need/should click on the cell to see the full content. I don’t believe such an indicator exists so I let my team know if what they see is full then do not assume that is all of the content and click on the cell to confirm.

Again, though, thank you for pointing out the row height - before researching this topic I was not aware of that feature.

It is subtle, but do you see the trailing ... at the end of the cell content? Those three dots indicate that there is more text in the cell than is currently visible.