Help

How can I autogenerate a schedule based on parameters held in Airtable?

1475 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnnygrr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,

I have three tables in my base:

1) customers 

2) venues 

3) staff 

and I want to autogenerate a schedule which matches the customer criteria to the right venue and the right member of staff. 

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try to produce this? 

Bit of a noob when it comes to airtable but some experience of databases and a fundamental understanding of tables and forms etc. 

3 Replies 3

Hm, assuming you've got a table that contains all the details of which crtieria gets linked to what venue and staff, you could do this with automations and conditional actions?  Hard to say without more details tho

Thanks for getting back to me Adam, let me try and offer a little more context:

Imagine I run a veterinary surgery. 

I have a list of Animal's waiting for procedures. That table says who they are, and what procedure they need.

I have a list of Vet's. That table says what procedure they can do, and when they are available to work. 

My final table is a list of procedures we offer - how long each of them takes, and what tools are required for that procedure. 

The list of Vet's and the list of procedures are linked - I can choose which procedures each vet can offer. 

How do I get AirTable to automatically produce a schedule, which allocates each animal's procedure against a Vet who provides that procedure during a time that they are available? 

Does that make sense? 

Ah yes, thanks for the details.  I don't think that's possible natively and you're going to need to hire someone to do that for you I'm afraid

The best you could do is probably set up your base so that it could show you which vet's still available?  Perhaps someone else has a better idea of how to go about this.

Personally, I would look for a scheduling tool to help with this instead of trying to build out a system within Airtable though